Skip to main content

♥ HAM-SARDINES AND BROWNIES ♥

Every once in a while, I come across funny memories from my old journals.  Throwback Thursday seems like a good excuse to post those old memories here.  This one comes from when my son was 5 1/2.

Dear Child: Mommy, why don't you like brownies that much?


Me: I don't know. I just don't.


Dear Child: But, why? I just need to know: why?


Me: It's just a matter of taste. Why don't you like sardines?


Dear Child: Because the inside is meat.


Me: You like salami. Salami is meat.


Dear Child: I just don't like ham.


Me: Huh?


Dear Child: I don't like ham and the inside of sardines is made of ham.


Me: Um... Sardines are made of sardines and ham is made of pigs. Sardines are fish.


Dear Child: Well, I just don't like the taste of the insides of the sardine, and the looks of the outside, and the gross water of it, okay?


Me: Okay. That makes sense.


Dear child: So why don't you like brownies?


Me: They're too sugary tasting.


Dear child: Okay.



The moral of this story is: never answer a question with another question when you're talking to a kid.

Comments