Skip to main content

Freecycle!!

Me (putting non-dairy creamer on Freecycle): "I do not like this creamer because it is too sweet. I will be home all day. Pick-up is near the intersection of * and *."

Person: Oooh! I want it! Pick me.

Me (private messages the person): When would you like to pick it up?

Person: Umm. I don't know. I'm not sure how far you are from me. Where are you located?

Me (sigh): The intersection of * and *.

Her: Oh. That's a bit far. What time can I come over?

Me: Anytime. I am home. Just let me know when.

Her: Is the creamer very sweet? I'm not supposed to have too much sugar.

Me: I'm getting rid of it because it's too sweet for me...

Her: Can you please go look and tell me how many grams of sugar there are and what the serving size is? I may need to pass...

Me: (in my head) Seriously? Am I getting up off the couch for this!? (in messenger) It is 3 g of sugar per Tb. That means for every tablespoon of creamer you put in your coffee, you are getting a teaspoon of sugar.

Her: Ohhhh... I love to put lots of creamer in my coffee. Sounds like I probably shouldn't have that creamer! It's pretty sugary! And you're a little further away than I thought, too.

Honestly, it sounds like you probably shouldn't be putting any creamer other than um... cream... in your coffee if that's a lot of sugar.

Every. Single. Time I post on Freecycle...

Comments